We are still in a "wait and see" mode as the Minnesota Stay At Home order was extended until May 18.
No tournaments have been canceled and we are in close contact with other travel baseball organizations to see when they might start their seasons. Our goal is to have some type of season, but we want to make sure it's under safe conditions and that we follow state and federal guidelines.
We are having a board meeting May 18 and will hopefully know more at that point.
In the meantime, to help your baseball player get ready for the season at home, you can do the following things:
1. Play catch - it can be with a baseball or football.
2. Long toss and build up arm strength.
3. Hit pop flys, line drives, and grounders with a tennis ball and racket. This can be fun for EVERYONE at home.
4. Play a family whiffle ball game.
5. Hot box or pickle- always a fun activity.
6. Hitting - hit off a tee, soft toss, front toss. These can be done with whiffle balls, or with real baseballs into a net.
Let's keep crossing our fingers and we hope you are all staying healthy.
Pequot Lakes Diamond Club
2019 10U Minnewaska Tourney Champions
2019 11U Minnewaska Tourney Consolation Champs
Pony League has been divided into two age groups represented by Blue and Red. Red is 13U and Blue is 14U. Click the Pony tab to see the rosters. Pony league does not have tryouts and coaches will try to ensure equal playing time.
To learn more about the way Diamond Club operates, please click the link below and read the clubs philosophy document.
2019 13U Minnewaska Tourney 2nd Place
PLDC fields youth baseball teams for 9U-14U as well as Pony and VFW teams. 9U-14U are considered travelling teams and may have tryouts based on registration numbers. Season primarily consists of 3 summer tournaments per team as well as doubleheaders arranged by coaches. Pony ball is for all that would like to get on the diamond and play. Pony games and practices and games are primarily M-Thurs.
No news currently found.